Saturday, April 28, 2012

No meat for me... And did I mention I'm not pregnant?

Today was my daughter's first communion. Following mass we headed to my mum's for lunch and cake. I made it through without totally indulging!
I started with a two minute muffin and a cuppa tea, which held me over until about one.
Although my mum put on a delicious spread, I stuck to what I knew was vegetarian and had pronounceable ingredients. I ate hummus, crackers, olives and fruit. I skipped the sandwich wraps and cheese and ate ONE, that's right 1, chip.
I skipped the cake too. Oh, and the wine. Shocker!
I indulged only slightly. My inlaws sent over a heavenly looking tiramisu square. I cut the end off and ate, literally, two bites. What I had was delicious, but totally enough.
I drank water and lots of it.
I came home starving. I ate some wholewhear crackers, salsa and olives while my incredible handsome, wonderfully creative and awesomely talented (no he did not tell me to write that) honey, made me a scrumptious veggie stir fry wrap with homemade guacamole dressing. So yummy.
For dessert I had a banana a cuppa tea with honey and some soy nuts.

By the way, did I mention that I am not pregnant?
While setting up an exhibit yesterday I ran into my old karate instructor. After telling me how busy he was and how incredible his life was he asked if I was still doing the "photo-graphy" (yes, he said it just like that after I just finished telling him I was setting up my photography exhibit).
I explained to him that yes, I was and that I was off on maternity leave. What does he do? He gestures towards and looks at my belly and says "yeah I see that". What the hell was that supposed to mean?! Was that a "yeah I can tell since you still look like the Goodyear blimp" or "yeah, when are you due?"
I was in such a state of shock at his incredible insensitivity that I could barely speak. I simply went on to tell him that my son was six months old and that I was hoping to spend my life doing what I love. In his usual cocky manner he went on to say that he "wanted to do the same", but "wait. Oh yeah, (he) already (was)". I told him he was a dick and walked away.
As I left the sports complex we were bth setting up at, I ran into a cluster of MMA girls... tits up, ass out. Perfect bodies that only adde fuel to my emotional fire. I sat in the car and cried.
Today, I thought of all the things I should have said, all the ways I could have hurt him. There are only two words that come to mind, neither of which combine to make an appropriate blog worthy statement. ;)
Here's to another great day tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Here is my opinion... first off, since the first day that i met you I've thought (and bragged) that you are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Although you are not a size 0 (which i do not find to be attractive for women at all) you appeared to be confident, and over all, that made you the most beautiful person i've ever met.
    Secondly, your karate teacher is a dick. i would have preferred the word a-hole to express what a jerk he was, but you did the right thing.
    Third, one thing that I learnt from having my surgery is that protein is an absolute must for a healthy diet!!!! I can copy and send you my meal plan from my surgery, and maybe that could help too? You look phenomenal, and are incredibly beautiful inside and out. Don't let people who are too in love with themselves hurt you with comments that are obviously meant to make themselves feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa. I am truly touched by your compliments. :)

      As for protein, I have tried the vegetarian thing several times. It never worked because I had no idea what I was doing.

      I truly believe that there are ways to get your daily protein requirements without consuming meat. It just takes time and research.

      Don't get me wrong, I am not cutting out animal protein entirely as I understand it is
      Very difficult and

      Delete
    2. Not safe. I am still using eggs in baking and still using small amounts of dairy. I love fish and seafood so will likely still eat that sometimes.

      I feel better... In every way. I am not as hungry. I am hoping that this weeks way in will show me down again. But here's hoping.

      Delete
  2. Oh and Lisa ... I have to tell you... Congratulations on your own success! You truly are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tiff, I can relate to this. WHen I was a BBW I was asked several times "When are you due?" and to be honest you should actually feel more for them because they are to stupid to stfu and mind their own business.
    As someone who has lost a huge amount of weight (I dunno if you knew that I lost 178lbs) I can tell you something I have learned. If you are doing this for health reasons then this is a great thing. If you are doing it for vanity then forget it. It makes no difference. I still see myself as being overweight most of the time. I realized that it really didnt matter that I was plus sized or not. And when I was plus sized even I didn't really care that I was...only I didnt see this till I lost weight. Its hard to explain.
    As for your instructor. Yup. He's a dick. The youngin's you saw headed into the complex? MMA? Really? Honestly? And they are what? 12? Of course they are gonna be tight and bouncy. You were too at 12...or 18...whatever lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I've lost 114 pounds, and i don't see myself any differently then I did when I was 114 pounds heavier. I still look in the mirror and find imperfections, and think to myself "oh my god,my ass and gut are huge!" Even though i know size wise, they're not, it's hard to take yourself out of that mental thinking. The MMA girls, I'm betting don't have children. I look at my body as something to be proud of with my stretch marks and all, because my children caused them. They grew inside me, and I gave them life. If not for my body, they wouldn't be here. :) You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete