Friday, April 27, 2012

Have you tried something new lately?

Today is a day for new recipes. This morning I had a two minute muffin. This whole grain hearty bread like breakfast consists of agave nectar, flax, wheat germ, (a few other grains that I can't remember the names of), baking soda and one egg. I tried to find an egg substitute at our local grocer, but had no luck. (anyone know if there is such a thing?). All ingredients go into a mug and into the microwave for two mins. I wish I had of taken s photo, it puffed right up over the top of the mug! I popped it onto a plate and put some natural jam on it.
Delicious!
Lunch was a whole grain and veggie sandwich (fried mushrooms, cucumber and tomato) with some kale chips.
The sandwich was good. Used a tiny bit of mayo and a bit of good earth spread (not-margarine margarine). The kale chips were ok for what they are. Basically you take some kale and break off bite size leafy great pieces. Place pieces on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and some seasoned salt. It gave me the crunch that I love with my sandwich.
As for dinner, our good friends are making something yummy for us. I've been told portabello mushrooms are on the menu so I'm sure it will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment